Monday, February 8, 2010

How do I go about studying in Italy for college


How do I go about studying in Italy for college?
I'm a senior in high school, and while I am applying for colleges in the United States where I live, I also am really interested in attending school in Italy. How do I go about doing this?
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Unless you're fluent in Italian, I imagine it would be very difficult for you to be accepted to an Italian university...since their courses and programs will be offered in Italian. However, I know many universities in the USA have study abroad programs. I know mine, personally, has semester, year-long, and summer sessions in countries like Italy, Switzerland, Mexico, etc. So when applying to universities in the USA, narrow your choices down to a few you love and then research their study abroad programs. You'll typically need to be a few years into your studies (at least a sophomore, I think) and you'll have to maintain a high GPA. I know only certain majors are allowed to go sometimes, so check to see if your major has any special study abroad program associated with it. These study abroad programs through US universities will typically be American universities located in these foreign countries, so your classes will be in English - which is probably important, unless you're bilingual.
2 :
Contact the nearest Italian Institute of Culture and ask for scholarships and opportunities for enrollment in Italian colleges and universities, In Italy there are a few schools which offer classes in English (particularly in the fields of Industrial Design, Fashion and Economics), and there are also private colleges who cater to American students interested in Italian studies (such as the John Cabot University in Rome).
Read more discussion :