Sunday, June 6, 2010

Help!!!! How can I call my parents from all around the Earth using my local cell phone number in Italy


Help!!!! How can I call my parents from all around the Earth using my local cell phone number in Italy?
I'm planning to study in a summer school in Italy. But I always wanted to tour the world for maybe 2 months. I DON'T WANT MY PARENTS TO KNOW WHERE I AM. can call and receive their calls using my local number in Italy? If not, then wat is the best solution? Thank you.
Cell Phones & Plans - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
add national calling to ur phone. my girlfriends daughter is in england in the air force and thats how she keeps contact. we were able to do txt message for awhile
2 :
Rent or buy an international cell phone or satellite phone. Or, just get a calling card from wherever you are and call them. It'll just come up on caller id as international, unknown, or an 800 number. They'll only know where you are if you tell them. But, basically your US cell won't work overseas unless you have that plan (international phone = big bucks)
3 :
best thing to do is tell them hey mom dad this is what i am going to do the next 2 months be done with problem
4 :
You can call them by using the appropriate country code and click hide my number so that your number will not appear on their phone as they receive your call. Thanks
5 :
Take a world calling card from your home mobile network, it will be useful. Hoiwever, i suggest you do tell aboiut your plans to your parents...
6 :
just put your mobile on 'roaming' and you can call on your local number. Only I think it is not a good idea to hide from your parents. You should take their permission.
7 :
You an use your local cell and pay about $4 a minute. Or buy an Italian SIM card on arrival - it's cheaper. Why not use Gtalk or Skype on a laptop? Almost free. And if you parents have no PC, you can call from Skype to a land-line phone though the premium service. Now - why would you not want your parents to know where you are? Obviously you are not interested to give them peace of mind while traveling (and you are not experienced enough to know how easy it is to get assaulted or killed when traveling alone, especially in Italy), so why call them at all? Just blow them off the entire time you are there. Thankfully, they are not paying for any of this trip, so you don't owe them anything, right? What a rude, self-serving twit.
Read more discussion :