Monday, September 24, 2012

What cell phone carriers are in Italy


What cell phone carriers are in Italy?
I am traveling to Italy for a school course, and was hoping to take my cell phone with me, or buy a trak phone to take with me to call home. I need to know what carriers there are in Italy, or even other options that do the same thing?
Air Travel - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
well, kind of depends on who you have here. I heard that most of Europe (and for the rest of the world) use what AT&T and T-mobile use: GSM (which has a small card) The technology that Verizon and Sprint uses doesnt work in most of Italy. Wikipedia gave me 4 carriers in Italy: Telecom Italia Moblie, Vodafone, Wind and 3...looks like Telecom Italia and Vodafone are the most popular ones. So, if you have either AT&T or T-mobile, you might be able to buy a small sim card there and use it. It will save you money (cuz AT&T and T-mobile's international rates are a lot and they charge by the minute)
2 :
Major carriers in Italy - Vodafone, WIND & TIM. You can get a local Italian SIM card even before you leave your home Country i.e. you will know you phone number from before + you pay in your local currency. Try RebelFone, link below:
3 :
Forget the Trak phone, will not work in Europe. You need an unlocked cell phone, such as phones from AT&T or T-Mobile that use GSM or QUAD 4 band technology. When you get there buy a sim card from a Vodafone vender or from a Vodafone store. They are all over Europe and are very very economical. I used Vodafone service in France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal. I bought an unlocked Motorola Razr V3 on ebay. It never let me down. Good luck and have a nice trip!!! :)
Read more discussion :