Friday, May 1, 2009

how does it work to move from a school in Italy to an elementary school in USA


how does it work to move from a school in Italy to an elementary school in USA?
It is possible that I have to move to N.J. from Italy with my family, I have 3 children and the bigger one is 9 years old attending the 4th grade, does anyone know if she is going to lose the year, she speaks just a little bit of english, or if they are going to put her in the right grade and give her additional english classes. Please give me some advices...thank you
Primary & Secondary Education - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
when i moved to the united states in 1999 when i was 5 years old,i stayed back in the 1st grade because i did not know how to speak english that well then my parents hired a language teacher to help me.i never stayed back ever since and now i'm in the 8th grade
Read more discussion :