Monday, April 16, 2012

school trip to italy...help


school trip to italy...help?
in about a year, i have the chance to go to italy over spring break. i don't want to be ignorant though, and only speak english. i take spanish and can speak and understand that well enough, but will that be enough? what kinds of words should i learn by then? i know airport and restaurant related words, but i don't know what else. thanks a ton:)
Other - Italy - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I had the same situation when I went to Italy to visit some family. Spanish can get you by a little- some of the people I met were able to speak Spanish. Some Italian words are the same as in Spanish, but some are quite different. Also-- be careful on your pronunciations! Some Italian words with c in them are pronounced with ch. Some verbs are the same, such as bailar but a lot of them are different (can't think of any Italian verbs off the top of my head) The endings are a little different too... I suggest just getting a basic book of Italian, or searching Italian online, just enough so you know basic verbs, endings, articles, etc, and your Spanish knowledge should be able to do the rest.
2 :
Hi! I'm italian. I'm 15 and I'm from Bergamo, in the northern Italy. If you wont, I can help you with your italian. I wait for your message. Bye
3 :
Myth. Every Italian understands a little english. Myth. Spanish is just like Italian. Myth.. Some rudimentary knowledge of Spanish will "get you by" I would try to learn as much Italian between now and then, as possible. Babbling in Spanish or speaking English LOUDER, contrary to popular opinion...........does not really work very well.
Read more discussion :