Saturday, July 24, 2010

I am an American senior girl looking to go to school in Italy but I do not have any scholarships


I am an American senior girl looking to go to school in Italy but I do not have any scholarships?
Hi, I am a senior in high school and I was wondering if i can get a scholarship to go to Italy and if I need to speak fluent italian to attend a university there. But perhaps I should start by giving a little background first. I am an American girl but my parents are from Brazil. I lived there for 10 years though and came back in 2004. I speak english, portuguese and spanish fluently and am taking French 2 and 3 this year. I have been told by my teachers that I have a gift for languages. So Italian wouldn't be that hard for me to learn. I have a waited 3.1 GPA and participate in 10 clubs.I have won State for spanish III and won district twice for spanish and won best student in french class last year. However, I do not know have any money, my parents have a business that is not doing well, and I am completely unable to provide the money. Also, my dad's side has italian heritage, and my last name is italian, paiva, would i be able to get a scholarship for that or would they take that into consideration??? would i be able to stay there for four years if i wanted to ???? Please, any information or help would be of good use as I am completely clueless about college and scholarships. also, this is my first time with yahoo answers so pardon me if it seems a little weird.
Studying Abroad - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't have much in the way of advice, but would suggest you look at the universities that are in Italy and start looking at their scholarships, they may have something that you can apply for. Find the Uni's that will suit you and go from there, talk to their guidance counselors, talk to your current counselor and ask them these questions, they're probably the best ones to ask and can answer all your questions. Sorry i haven't been much help... :) Good luck!
2 :
You can get info about such college scholarships and grants online here - careers.scienceontheweb.net
Read more discussion :